December 7

grand final day

Grand final Day

It’s here finally, my grand finale. I’m super nervous! My excitement is going through the roof. We finally get here after the long drive.

It’s time to warm up, as usual I take the dribbling drills. The stating five is myself, Stef, Amelia, Amy and Tessa, we’re all nervous. The ball goes up. We win the tap and I quickly grab the ball and start dribbling.

By half time it is 36 – 21. We’re down and were all playing bad. Our coach calls a time out. He tells us we need to work as a team a lot more. We all fire up a bit up a bit more and with seconds were back on track.

Now the score is 51-53 were down. With 30 seconds left they steal the ball but we block them and get the ball. There is 10 seconds left I pull up for the shot and swish it goes In. the buzzer goes off and all my team mates run on the court and jump on me.

Wow what an experience it’s time for the medal presentation. As they captain I say a few words of thanks. We all get medals and take some photos. Now for the M.V.P and todays winner is Sarah O’TOOLE. Oh my god I’m so happy I didn’t think I’ll get it I’m going to wear this everyday with pride. I look at the score sheet I got 27 points I am really proud of myself.

When I get home and hang my medal up in a safe spot. I call my friend Ollie to show him the medal. He was really happy for us. After all that I need a good night sleep. As I fall into a deep sleep I dream about winning the 2020 Olympics!

Posted December 7, 2016 by saraho2014 in category Uncategorized

1 thoughts on “grand final day

1. anika2016

You made your story interesting and exciting.
    I liked how you explained your feelings on grand final day.
    What sport are you playing?
    Maybe you should explain what sport you were playing in the grand final day.
    E.G: like how you said you dribbled the ball in practice, some people might not now what dribbling comes from in sport.
    other than that I really really liked it!!!!!